Going to try Jerezano

 I saw the picture below with the advert title: ‘Beautiful Andalusian’, and it immediately grabbed my attention. The first line read ‘Dappled grey gelding, very very kind’ and I was hooked.
That was my favourite colour and I love Andalusians, so I arranged to see him and fell in love with how sweet he was to deal with on the ground and how willing he was in the school.

The next week I went back and had another sit on him, this time with my fab riding instructor, Jo Hirst. She thought he had real promise – a good attitude, coupled with a balanced confirmation and ability. The deal was done – I can’t tell you how excited I was!
My first sit on Zano
First things first - finding the perfect yard! During the week while I was waiting for Jerezano to arrive I had to find a yard to stable him at. I looked at loads but there was one that immediately felt like home as soon as I pulled up outside, partly because I was greeted by a huge, really friendly black cat!

Eric the cat
The yard is owned and run by the amazing June, who is like a mother hen to the ponies and horses in her care, and to all of us humans too! She’s got a background in showing and she really knows her stuff. She has her ponies in a good routine which helps them all stay really calm and relaxed.

The yard is small, with nine indoor stables in a barn and there’s a fantastic school behind the barn, and well-managed grazing. It’s even got a solarium to help the ponies dry after being washed, or to warm their muscles either before or after exercise!

But most of all, it’s ultra friendly and the atmosphere is lovely for the ponies and the humans – there’s even a sofa area with tea, coffees and a ready supply of biscuits – it’s yard heaven! And I can cycle there from home – perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment