9th August - Olympic excitement!

I’ve had so much to do this last couple of weeks but I’ve been hugely distracted – by the Olympic Games!

I can’t get enough of it and the equestrian competitions have been AWESOME! I didn’t think it could get any more exciting after I watched the Eventing, where we won team silver. But the show jumping was AMAZING and, not to be bettered, so was the dressage, with both GB teams winning GOLD – so, so, so incredible. There was an Andalusian stallion in the Spanish dressage team, called Fuego, and watching his dressage to music (‘Kur’) test was so inspirational, I can’t wait to get schooling Zano and see how far we can get in the dressage arena! I definitely want to try riding to music, the horses can pick up on the rhythm in the music and a lot of them really enjoy it. The really exciting thing is that Zano has the most beautiful paces – his walk is incredible – which will mean, hopefully, that he’s got lots of potential to do well in dressage tests. I know I’ve got to be patient, because he needs to be brought on slowly, but I’m so so excited about what lies ahead for me and Zano. I just can’t help it! Ooooh, and I’ve been distracted again writing this – watching Laura B, Carl Hester and Charlotte Dujardin in the dressage final and Charlotte’s just won GOLD with a breathtakingly supreme dressage test – her horse, Valegro, is out of this world and so exciting to watch. Phew!

Back to earth again! And back to Zano. Jo, my riding instructor, suggested that I take Zano on lots of hacks so that he goes forward and doesn’t do too much in the school too soon. It’s easy for horses to get bored, and I really want Zano to enjoy himself in all his work, so we’ve been heading out with Nicky and Chico, and my partner Paul’s been coming with us on his bike. So far Zano’s been very relaxed and he’s proving to be totally bombproof. Today he even walked past a cement mixer with dust puffing out without blinking, he’s a real star! And I still can’t quite believe our journey so far – only a few weeks ago I was leading Zano round on the ground, watching the other riders hacking out without us. Now it’s us going out on hacks in the sunshine – I’m so happy and pleased with Zano that I could almost burst!

All smiles as Zano and Chico hack out - cool as a cucumber!
Oh, and how can I forget? Puzzle: The Runaway Pony and Phantom: One Last Chance are now, officially, on sale! Yey!! Take a look at the dedication in Phantom, there’s a mention of a certain dapple grey horse in there!!

You can buy your copy here

No comments:

Post a Comment